I’m Jodi, the mom of five awesome boys, hence the name 5 Boys Baker. I am completely outnumbered at our house. . . even our dog is a boy!
I have always loved to cook and especially bake. I’ve been doing it as long as I can remember and never get tired of it. I learned everything I know from my awesome mom and sweet grandma. My whole family LOVES to eat. I don’t think any of us have ever met a cookie, brownie, sweet roll, etc., that we didn’t like. For as long as I can remember, Sunday nights have been spent around my grandma’s dining room table with LOTS and LOTS of food. There was always at least a plate of veggies & dip, or some cheese & crackers, and then there was ALWAYS lots and lots of sweet treats.
I’m known as the dessert queen in my family. Whenever we have a family get together everyone always wants me to bring the dessert, and sometimes I bring more than one. I love trying new recipes, but I always love making our family’s tried and true favorites.
Some fun facts about me:
- I love to run. It keeps me sane!
- I am a clean freak, I hate a messy/dirty house.
- I eat peanut butter by the spoonfuls and eat peanut butter toast almost every morning.
- Chocolate is one of my food groups . . . I have it stashed throughout my house.
- I could live on breads, chocolate and raspberries.
- I am TERRIFIED of all spiders and bugs. I’ve been known to freak out if there is even so much as an ant crawling on me.
This food blog is a way for me to share my love of baking. So welcome to 5 Boys Baker. I hope you enjoy the ride!
These are my five awesome sons! I am so lucky to be their mom. They are my greatest taste-testers I know and they never get tired of having to eat all the things I bake. These boys are the ones who deem something blog worthy (BW). They are all willing to try anything with the exception of my fourth, Braydon. He is the pickiest eater on this planet. I keep hoping he’ll out grow it, but no luck so far.
They definitely make life busy, but I love every second of it.