These Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies have no butter or flour! So simple to make and are absolutely delicious!
Sorry for the no post on Wednesday. I don’t really have a good excuse. It’s just how life is rolling right now.
Hopefully these Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies will make up for my slacking.
These might just be one of the simplest cookie recipe you’ve ever made! It’s hard to believe that just a few ingredients can create such perfection in a cookie. No butter or flour in these babies, which makes them gluten-free, but you will never know because they are so delicious!
No butter. No flour. These have got to be considered healthy, right?
I love them warm just after they come out of the oven, but I also love eating right out of the freezer too! Am I the only one who loves frozen cookies? They’re kind of my vice lately. I may or may not grab a frozen chocolate chip cookie out of the freezer every day.
Now go enjoy your weekend and make some cookies.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk or semi sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix in the almond butter, brown sugar, baking soda, and vanilla until well combined. Mixture will be thick. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough onto prepared baking sheet (about 1½ tablespoons of dough), gently push the top of the dough to flatten just slightly. (I didn't do this because I wanted my cookies to stay a little "puffier.")
- Bake for 10 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and the tops should be slightly crinkled.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe Source: Sally’s Baking Addiction (adapted from King Arthur Flour)