These Bacon & Queso Breakfast Tacos and incredibly delicious and so simple to make. They’re perfect for breakfast, lunch, brunch and/or dinner. You will love them!
If you ever have those nights where you don’t have a clue what to make for dinner, these Bacon & Queso Breakfast Tacos will become your new BFF. Simple, quick, and incredibly delicious.
My sister led me on to these tacos a few weeks ago and I couldn’t wait to try them because tacos are always score big at our house, especially with Parker. He’d eat them every single day if he could. Late night runs to Taco Bell are his favorite thing. He’d take Taco Bell over Cafe Rio . . .seriously?! The kid has issues. Although I’m guessing Taco Bell runs may not be happening for awhile because after their late night run last weekend, all my boys spent quite a bit of time in the bathroom the next day. I know, sorry, maybe a little TMI there.
Anyway, when I made these breakfast tacos the other night for dinner Parker was a wee bit excited. Actually all my boys were. They devoured these. Every last bite. I didn’t even get pictures, so sadly I had to make them again and my boys couldn’t have been happier. We loooove breakfast for dinner.
The queso is what totally takes these to a whole new level. It’s genius. I can’t believe I’d never thought of it before. These are so simple to make and really versatile. If you’re not a fan of bacon, swap it out for sausage or ham. You can use shredded hash browns instead of cubed. Garnish them with salsa, cilantro, avocado, sour cream or whatever suits your tastebuds. Just promise me you won’t skip the queso. These are scrumptious! You’ve got to try them!
- 10 to 12 fajita-size flour tortillas
- 1 (30- 32 oz) bag frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- Seasoning salt
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 slices bacon, cooked then chopped (or you can use precooked bacon)
- 1 jar Tostitos Queso Blanco dip (or any brand)
- Garnishes (optional):
- Cilantro, salsa, avocado, sour cream
- In a large non-stick skillet cook hash browns according to package directions. Season with seasoning salt to your liking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk together.
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and scramble eggs until done. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook bacon until done, cut into small pieces.
- Warm tortillas in microwave and then fill each tortilla with scrambled eggs, hash browns, bacon and drizzle with warm Queso. Garnish with salsa, cilantro and avocado if desired.
Recipe Source: Life in the Lofthouse