I think I’ve mentioned before that when I was in elementary school we had the BEST lunch lady ever.
Her name was Esther and she was an amazing cook.
I laugh when my kids come home and tell me how gross school lunch because ours never was. It was seriously delicious. Everything Esther made was good, but one of my favorite things she made was no bake cookies, only that’s not what we called them way back then. We called them haystacks which might sound kind of weird, but it definitely sounds better than poo cookies which is what I’ve heard my boys and others call these.
I loved them as a kid and I still love them.
When I came across this recipe over at Two Peas and Their Pod, I think I waited 53.2 seconds before I made them. The idea of throwing pretzels in is complete genius. . . I can’t believe I hadn’t thought of it. The salty & sweet combination is perfect. These cookies are the perfect thing to make in the heat of summer since they require no oven to be turned on. This recipe is super close to my favorite no bake cookie recipe, it just has a little more cocoa and less peanut butter. Super delicious and super easy to make.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pretzels
- ¼ tsp. sea salt, plus extra for sprinkling on cookies
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add milk, sugar, and cocoa and stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute and remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla, and stir until smooth. Stir in oats, chopped pretzels, and sea salt.
- Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and let cool completely. Cookies will set up as they cool. Store in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
Recipe Source: Two Peas and Their Pod