These Browned Butter M&M Blondies are ridiculously delicious. Thick, buttery & chewy, they are pretty impossible to resist. Made in one bowl, they are quick and so simple to make.
Today is such a bittersweet day. We drop my son off at the MTC this afternoon. It’s one of the hardest things I’ve had to do as a mom, but it’s also one of the most rewarding. My friend described it perfectly when she said it’s excruciating joy.
Today will be the third time I will have done this now and it doesn’t get any easier. It kind of rips a piece of your heart out and for the next two years we will feel an emptiness in our home. But it’s exciting and it’s what I’ve wanted for my boys since they were little. The blessings that come from having a missionary really do outweigh the sadness.
So today I’m sure I will be drowning my sadness with chocolate or something sweet.
I’m really wishing I had a pan of these Browned Butter M&M Blondies right now. I would probably eat the entire pan by myself. I am a huge fan of anything with browned butter. It takes anything to a whole new level.
These are so simple to make and are so fabulous. Thick and chewy brown butter blondies loaded with M&M’s . . . your mouth should be watering.
One bowl is all you need and if you’re not sure how to brown butter, click here for instructions.
Make sure you don’t over bake your blondies. They will still look slightly undercooked in the center when you pull them from the oven. They’ll firm up while they’re cooling.
- 1 stick butter, melted until browned
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&M's (Regular size or mini. I used both)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper or foil and spray parchment lightly with non-stick spray, set aside.
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, melt butter until browned. Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes, then whisk in the brown sugar; beat until well combined. Add in the egg mixing until combined. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt, being sure not to over mix. Fold in the M&M's.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until the edges are firm and golden and the center is just slightly wobbly. Cool in pan for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
Recipe Source: Baker By Nature