This Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Rice Bake fits into that category perfectly. I bought the beloved rotisserie chicken at Costco the other day and so this is what I came up with for dinner. To be honest, I wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out, so I wasn’t planning on posting it. But that changed when we all tasted it and declared it blog worthy and so I had about 3 minutes to try and take pictures before my boys became ravenous beasts.
This meal is fast, tasty and totally loaded with goodness. It’s not fancy, you most likely won’t see it on the menu in a 5-star restaurant, but it is delicious and is total comfort foo. Even your pickiest eaters will like this and may even ask for seconds.
- 3 1/2 cups cooked instant brown rice
- 1 can (10 oz) mild enchilada sauce
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or any kind you'd like)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9x9 deep dish casserole pan or other large casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl add cooked brown rice, enchilada sauce, chicken, tomatoes, black beans, cumin, salt, pepper and. Stir to combine all ingredients. Spread into prepared dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with shredded cheese, bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.