These Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies are a layer of chewy, decadent brownie, topped with chocolate chip cookie dough then baked to perfection. Brownies and Chocolate Chip Cookies . . . definitely, the best of both worlds here.
Brownies and Chocolate Chip Cookies. . . um yes please! Could there possibly be a more decadent combination? I mean seriously, what could be better?You guys, these things are absolutely evil and should be banned from my house from here on out.
They start with a homemade, fudgy brownie layer then are topped with delicious chocolate chip cookie dough and then baked. Now I love things gooey so I underbake mine, which you can clearly tell from the pictures. Feel free to bake yours longer, but I highly recommend keeping them at least slightly underbaked. They will definitely continue to cook and set up as they cool, so just keep that in mind.
I should warn you that these are rich and perfectly sweet so a little definitely goes a long way. I would cut them into small squares, but then again who am I to tell you what to do? If you want to cut them big, I won’t judge you, not one little bit.
My boys honestly went berserk over these. I think they were a little bummed I took a plate to my friend I visit teach.
Topped with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of my Leatherby’s caramel sauce these would be even more ridiculous than they already are. Yeah, I’m definitely going to have to give that a try. I guess I have no choice but to make these again this weekend.
Now I know there are probably hundreds of recipe like this hanging out on Pinterest, I’ve just never gotten around to making them. I am so happy I finally jumped on that bandwagon and you should definitely jump on it too.
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use ½ milk & ½ semisweet)
- CHEWY COCOA BROWNIES:
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 F. Line a 9x9-inch pan with foil or parchment paper, spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough: In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar using a wooden spoon or hand mixer. Beat in egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Brownies: In a large bowl mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar using a wooden spoon or hand mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add cocoa and mix until combined. Stir in flour and salt until and mix until flour is incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon brownie batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Take spoonfuls of the cookie dough and flatten just slightly and drop over the batter until covered. (It's ok if there are holes).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (I like mine to be more gooey so I only cook them 30 minutes, it's a personal preference here). Keep in mind they will continue to cook a bit as they cool.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooing rack. Allow to cool before cutting.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Divas Can Cook