Loaded with milk chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips and chopped Skor candy bar, these Chocolate Chip Skor Bar Cookies will disappear in seconds. These are outrageously good!
Do any of you have “kitchen cupboard” recipes?
By that I mean, do you have recipes taped to the inside of your kitchen cupboards?
When we were growing up, my mom had recipes taped to the inside of our kitchen cupboards. They were the recipes she made on a regular basis, our family’s tried and true favorites. My Grandma Clark’s waffles and my Grandma Saley’s almond sweet rolls were two of the recipes that claimed their spot of fame inside one of our kitchen cupboards.
My parents moved from the house I grew up in, and the waffle recipe I know for sure still hangs inside her cupboard (along with a few others now). It’s written in my grandma’s handwriting which makes it all the more meaningful, so it’s laminated to help preserve it.The habit of taping recipes rubbed of off on me, and if you opened up my kitchen cupboard right now, you would find the recipe for these Chocolate Chip Skor Bar Cookies.
I have made these countless times and have the recipe memorized, but the recipe continues to hang on the cupboard door for fear with my not-so-good memory will forget it one day.
I took these several times over the years to my boy’s baseball games and was asked every time for the recipe. These cookies are tried and true and never disappoint. They’re buttery, chewy, crispy and basically perfect if you ask me.
TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE CHIP SKOR BAR COOKIES:
- Don’t over cream your butter and sugar. Once it’s combined, add the vanilla and eggs and mix until just combined.
- Make sure you line your cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpat liners. The Skor bar melts and can ooze out and cause the cookies to possible stick. Parchment paper and silpat liners will be your best friends with these cookies.
- Don’t overbake these cookies. You want the edges to barely be golden brown. They may still look slightly underbaked in the center.
- If your cookies spread funny while they’re baking, use the backside of a small spatula or edge of a plastic spoon or knife to reshape the edges of the cookies.
- Heath bars would also work, but I’ve mentioned several times before what a huge fan I am of Skor candy bars. I love them even more than Heath, so I highly recommend using Skor bars instead of Heath candy bars.
Oh and I should warn you that the dough it highly addictive.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Skor candy bars, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together butter and sugars, just until mixed. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined.
Add baking soda, salt, and flour, mix until combined. Add both chocolate chips and Skor candy bar, mix on low speed until combined.
Scoop the dough into rounded large tablespoons and place on a lined cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden brown.
Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
I highly recommend using Guittard or Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips.
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU GIVE THIS A TRY! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK. SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM USING THE HASHTAG #5BOYSBAKER SO I CAN SEE WHAT YOU’RE MAKING IN YOUR KITCHEN.
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker