A creamy dip with a little bit of heat going on and crazy delicious, this Amazing Corn Dip (aka Crack Corn Dip) is going to be the hit of your party. You’re going to love it!
I think I can safely say that if you make this Amazing Corn Dip and take it to your Super Bowl party, or any party for that matter, you’re going to be the most well-loved person at your party. And let’s be honest, the Super Bowl is really all about the food, right? This is definitely a crowd-pleasing appetizer and will probably disappear faster than you can believe.
I recently saw a few different people talk about this dip on their Instagram stories and quickly jotted down the name of it so I could find the recipe. There are several different recipes out there, with them all having basically the same ingredients, just the measurements varied a bit.
So I made this a few different times, made a couple minor adjustments and holy cow, we’re hooked! We totally get why it’s called crack dip.
It’s super simple to make, you just dump everything in a bowl, stir it until it’s combined and let it hang out in the fridge for several hours. Make sure you plan ahead because the longer it’s in the fridge, the better.
I should tell you that it does have a bit heat from the jalapenos. If that worries you then go ahead and add less jalapenos. You can always add more if you want, but it’s slightly difficult to take them out once they’re all mixed in :). Also, keep in mind that the longer this sits, the more kick it seems to get.
I know it seems like the strangest combination of ingredients, but I promise it works and it’s dangerously good! We love it with Frito Scoops or tortilla chips, but use what ever you want. My husband and I have sometimes just it with a spoon because it’s that good!
You guys have to make this dip, I promise you will want to make it time and time again!
TIPS FOR MAKING AMAZING CORN DIP:
- This dip really needs to chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours, but overnight is even better so make sure you plan ahead.
- Make sure you drain the corn really well. I dump the corn in my strainer and let it sit while I add everything else to the bowl.
- If you’re worried about the amount of heat, cut back on the jalapenos and add more if you want. I like the jarred jalapenos best in this dip rather than the canned kind.
- Really any cheese will work, but my favorite is the Mexican blend or sharp cheddar. I wouldn’t use pepper jack, just because it doesn’t need the kick.
- 2 (11 oz) cans Mexicorn, drained really well
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 1/3 cup chopped jalapenos*
- 1 bunch (about 8 onions) green onion chopped (just the green part)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pkg. (8 oz) shredded Mexican blend cheese (or sharp cheddar is yummy too!)
- Frito scoops or tortilla chips
In a large bowl, combine all of the dip contents together and chill in the fridge at least 5 to 6 hours, but overnight is better! The longer it sits, the better it gets.
Serve with Frito scoops (our favorite) or tortilla chips. Store leftovers in the fridge.
The MexiCorn is made by Green Giant and can be found at most grocery stores (I have yet to find it at Walmart though).
I have made this using the jar kind of jalapenos and the kind that come in the can. I think the jar kind are not quite as hot, but use whatever you prefer.
One of the recipes I found for this called for 3 bunches of green onions, I cut it back to 1 bunch and thought it was just right, but feel free to add more green onions if you'd like.
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU GIVE THIS A TRY! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK. SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM USING THE HASHTAG #5BOYSBAKER SO I CAN SEE WHAT YOU’RE MAKING IN YOUR KITCHEN.