Delicious and simple, these creamy tacos will become your new favorite. Perfect for a weeknight meal or a game day party.
I’m going to apologize right now for not sharing this recipe sooner.
When I made these the other night my boys said this is on your blog, right? When I told them they weren’t, they were flabbergasted! These creamy tacos are probably one of their all-time favorite meals in the history of ever and they couldn’t believe I hadn’t shared it yet. Sorry boys!
Then I disappointed them even more because I took half of it to my sister and her family because she broke her collar bone and had to have surgery. They made me vow to make it again SOON. . . . like today wouldn’t be too soon for them.These creamy tacos are freakin’ delicious . . .there is just no other way to put it. So incredibly good and so incredibly simple and fast to throw together.
You can serve them over chips for a taco salad, in a taco shell for tacos (obviously) or fill a flour tortilla and fold up burrito style –so versatile. One of our favorite things to do with the leftovers is heat it up and just use it as a chip dip—you won’t believe how good it is.
With football season here, these creamy tacos make the perfect game-day food. True comfort food I tell you!
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 3 cans chili beans
- 2 can Rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1 lb. Mexican Velveeta, cut into chunks
- 1 cup half-n-half
- Tortilla chips, taco shells or flour tortillas
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add chili beans, Rotel tomatoes, Mexican Velveeta and half-n-half. Stir well.
- Cook on high 2-3 hours or low 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over tortilla chips and garnish with desired toppings or fill a flour tortilla with meat mixture, add toppings and fold up burrito style.