These Crispy Peanut Butter Bars are hands down my favorite peanut bar ever. Crunchy, sweet and insanely good, one bite and you’ll be hooked!
It’s definitely no secret that I think peanut butter is pretty much one of the best things on this planet. My boys will totally agree with me on that. We’re peanut butter freaks at our house so anything I make that involves peanut butter is devoured.
After tasting one of these bars over 12 years ago, I was completely hooked. I got the recipe from my friend and am finally sharing it. I can’t believe it’s taken me this long! These are the bomb! My boys go berserk over these.
I’ve got a couple other peanut butter bars listed on my site, but these are hands down my favorite of all time! They’re perfect! Sweet, peanut buttery and crispy! I looooove the crunch from the Rice Krispies.If anyone of us in my family were left alone in a room with a pan of these bad boys, I can’t promise there would be any left to share.
I don’t know about you, but during those hot summer months, turning on the oven is the last thing I want to do. Enter these delicious no bake bars. Now if it ever decides to get warm and stay warm here in Utah (we have snow here today . . . blah!!!), then these bars will be the perfect things to make.
If you love peanut butter, then do yourself a huge favor and make these ASAP!
If you prefer semi-sweet chocolate chips you can certainly use those instead of milk chocolate, or you could do a combination of both.
I usually use about 7½ cups of Rice Krispies, but there have been times where I've ended up adding that last ½ cup because the mixture was still a little too "wet." As long as you stick with the 7 to 8 cups, you will be just fine.
I like to keep these stored in the fridge because I love them cold. You decide if you like them warm or cold.
I have halved this recipe many, many times because it does make a lot. If I half it I just put them in either a 9x9-inch pan, which does make them slightly thicker, or I'll use a ¼ sheet pan and not spread them all the way to the edge of the pan on one end because then I think they're a little too thin (I leave about a two inch gap),
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 pound powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 7 to 8 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- 2 pkgs. chocolate chips (I use milk)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the melted butter and powdered sugar, mix until well combined. (You can also do this in a large mixing bowl and use a hand mixer or just a wooden spoon.) Add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
- Add in Rice Krispies cereal and mix on low until just combined.
- Press into an ungreassed 10 x15 jelly roll pan. Set aside
- In a microwave-safe bowl melt chocolate chips for 1 minute. Take out and stir and then cook in 15 second increments, stirring after each, until smooth. Spread evenly over top of bars.
- Allow the chocolate to set up slightly and then cut into squares. **You don't want to wait until the chocolate hardens up completely because then when you try and cut them it just cracks and breaks off the bars.
Recipe Source: My friend Dawna R.