This Family Favorite Cheese Ball is the perfect appetizer for any holiday occasion. So simple to make and absolutely delicious! My family loves this cheese ball!
I’m finally back after taking a week off. Knowing I’d be a little burned after doing my 12 Days of Sugar, I’d planned to take just a few days off from posting, but then life can throw you curve balls when you least expect them and plans change.
We’ve been feeling extremely blessed and thankful the past few days at our house. Last Thursday morning my husband was on a bike ride and was hit by a bus. While he could have easily been killed or critically injured, he ended up with stitches in his forehead, a concussion, road rash and a dislocated & severely fractured thumb that required surgery. That was all. Now I know none of that would be on anyone’s Christmas list, but his injuries could have been so much more severe. The surgeon said his helmet saved his life. I know he also had guardian angels watching over him. Life is definitely a gift and I’m realizing that more and more each day.
My heart is overflowing with gratitude. Gratitude that Rich is ok. Gratitude for amazing family and friends that have expressed more love and concern than I can even imagine. Gratitude for the people who witnessed the accident and called 911 and stayed with him until help got there. Gratitude for good doctors and surgeons. Gratitude for so many things. . . . .
Ok, thanks for letting me spill my guts. Now let’s talk food since it’s been awhile. After 12 straight days of sugar, I thought you might need something a little less sweet in your life.
This cheese ball is a must-have in my family. I don’t remember a holiday without it. It’s simple, delicious and the perfect appetizer for any holiday party or any occasion. My grandma was always the one who made this, and since she passed away my oldest brother David has taken on the responsibility. He’s gotten really good at it.
This is so simple to make and is the perfect appetizer for your holiday get togethers or any occasion. I mean, really do we have to wait until the holidays to make cheese balls? I think not!
- 1 jar (5 oz) Kraft Blue Cheese
- 2 jars (6 oz) Kraft Pimento cheese
- 12 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- ½ tsp. Accent
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a mixing bowl combine blue cheese, pimento cheese, cream cheese, onion, Accent, half of the chopped pecans and half the parsley. Using an electric or hand mixer, mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Line a small bowl with a large piece of plastic wrap (you want the plastic wrap to hang over the sides of the bowl). Pour cheese mixture into bowl and pull the sides of the plastic wrap up over the top, covering the cheese ball. Let chill for several hours.
- In a shallow dish or on a piece of wax paper, mix together the remaining pecans and parsley. Roll the cheese ball into the mixture.
- Place the cheese ball on a plate and refrigerate, covered lightly with plastic wrap, until ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.