This Family Favorite Pasta is one of the yummiest and easiest pasta dishes you’ll ever make. It’s definitely a crowd pleaser. I’ve never met anyone who hasn’t loved it!
It is delicious!
It is so simple!
It will rock your world!
The first time we had this we were up at my parent’s cabin. From that night on it has been my go-to pasta. I don’t even know the “official” name of it. We just call it either grandma’s pasta or cabin pasta. I think my mom got the recipe from an issue of Taste of Home magazine.
I have made this when we’ve had friends over for dinner. I made it for a teacher dinner at my son’s elementary school. I made it for my husband’s whole family while we were on our vacation in Virginia Beach . . . .EVERY time it has been a winner and EVERY time I get asked for the recipe. Now when my friend’s make it for their families, they call it Jodi’s pasta.
Whatever you decide to call this, I promise you will love it! It will become your new favorite pasta!
- 1 16-oz pkg. bow tie pasta (I like to use the mini)
- 1 pound italian sausage
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1½ tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ to ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 can (15 ounces) italian tomatoes (I like to use the petite diced)
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. basil
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, onion and pepper flakes over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cream, salt and basil. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; toss with sausage mixture.
- Garnish with cheese.
Updated pictures 8/18/2017