These Fruity Pebble Marshmallow Treats will turn you into a kid at heart. Gooey, marshmallowy, crispy and so, so addicting.
Growing up in a family of 9 kids, we went through a lot of cereal. It was the Cheerios, Wheaties, Raisin Bran, etc. that easily lasted more than one morning, but the “sweet cereals” as we called them, were gone in about 23.7 seconds. My mom didn’t buy a lot of sweet cereal, so when she did, it was a fight to make sure you got a bowl. I remember always making sure I got up early enough the morning after she’d gone grocery shopping so I could get a bowl of Froot Loops, Trix, Lucky Charms, etc. I think Froot Loops were my all time favorite. Even now as an adult, I still like to pour myself a big bowl of sweet cereal because after awhile, Special K and Cheerios just get boring.
I don’t remember my mom ever buying Fruity Pebbles, but after I got married my husband insisted we buy them because he loved them. I fell in love with them too and so have our boys. Can someone please tell me why they are so good? Is it because they’re probably straight sugar with a little fruity crunch? Anyway, I know these marshmallow treats are nothing new and you may have made them hundreds of times, but just in case here is my gooey version of them.
I’ve made them a couple times over the last week and took some to a family BBQ Monday night. They were hit and the adults loved them just as much as the kids did. My husband’s exact words were “those things are so dang addicting . . .you can’t take a bite because if you do, you can’t stop!!” He didn’t have to tell me that because I already knew it. You just have to learn to walk away from them. . . Just. Walk. Away.
These will turn you into a giant child. I wish you could reach through your screen and grab one of these right now.
- 1 pkg. (10 oz) marshmallows
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 5½ cup Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Butter an 8X8 (for thicker) or 9x9 (for thinner) pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large pan over low heat, stirring often. When marshmallows are almost melted, remove from heat and continue stirring until completely melted. Add 1 cup miniature mashmallows and Fruity Pebbles cereal. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and press the mixture evenly into the pan. Let cool before cutting
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker