Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches are the perfect way to put together a quick, simple and delicious dinner! Easily adaptable for your slow cooker too!
I can’t believe it’s Friday already and I really can’t even wrap my head around the fact that summer vacation is winding down.
I’ve been trying to spend more time doing things with my boys before they head back to school. So for the next couple weeks my posts may be a little hit and miss. I’ll do my best to stay on top of things, but I’m not making any promises.
These Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches were the perfect meal the other night when it was so hot outside. Done in about 60 minutes and no turning my oven on. . . .seriously what could be better? No Instant Pot? No worries, you can easily do these in your slow cooker.
The flavor is delicious and the meat is so tender. One thing, pleeeease don’t skip the butter and garlic spread on the buns, no options here on this one. It adds a whole other level of goodness to these sandwiches.
- 3-4 pound beef rump or chuck roast (cut into 3 pieces)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon Johnny's Garlic spread (I buy it at Costso)
- Provolone or havarti cheese slices
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, paprika, dry mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, mix together seasoning and rub over pieces of roast. (Really rub it in well and use all of it!). Place pieces of roast in slow cooker or instant pot.
- Whisk together broth, Worcestershire and balsamic and pour over roast
- For Instant Pot, seal, close steam release, and set on high pressure for 45 minutes. Once done, allow to do a natural release for 15 mins then turn turn valve to venting to release any remaining pressure. (For slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat sheds easily.)
- Remove beef and shred. Put meat back in the Instant Pot with all the juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Mix together softened butter and garlic seasoning and spread on inside of rolls. Place rolls face down on a warm griddle or skillet pan and cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add meat onto roll, top with cheese and top with the top roll. Dip in meat juice if desired.
Recipe Source: Adapted from Slow Cooker Gourmet