This Mississippi Pot Roast may very well be the most delicious pot roast you will EVER eat! With only 5 ingredients thrown into your slow cooker, it doesn’t get easier or taste better!
I can’t even begin to tell you how glad I am it’s Friday.It’s been a busy, emotional, exhausting week and I am definitely in the need of some delicious comfort food about now.
Maybe that’s why I’m finally getting around to sharing the recipe for this amazing Mississippi Pot Roast. . . it is true comfort food.
I’ve made this several times now and each time we are blown away at how spectacular it is. It might possibly be the best pot roast I’ve ever eaten! Now I absolutely love my tried and true slow cooker pot roast that I’ve been making for years, but this Mississippi Pot Roast might just be my new favorite.
The gravy this makes is fabulous poured over mashed potatoes. If you use salted butter, it does make the gravy a little on the salty side, so I make sure I hardly salt my mashed potatoes.
- 1 chuck roast (3-4 lbs)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- 6-8 tablespoons butter (depending on how naughty you're feeling)
- 5 to 6 pepperoncini peppers
- Place water in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle the top with the ranch dressing mix and the au jus mix. Place peppers and the stick of butter on top of the mixes.
- Cook over low heat for 8 hours or until roast shreds easily. Discard pepperoncini peppers and serve gravy over meat with mashed potatoes if desired.
Recipe Source: Pinterest (just can’t remember which site, I think it was a couple different sites and I made a few minor adjustments)