This Red White & Blue Chex Mix will be the hit of any party. Blueberry Chex, Rice Chex, pretzels, marshmallows, popcorn & M&M’s coated in melted white chocolate. It’s so addicting!
I’m kinda hating myself right now because I had no self-control with this Red White & Blue Chex Mix. Actually, every single one of us could have eaten the entire batch.
This stuff is ADDICTING so consider yourself warned my friends.
If you’ve never tasted the Blueberry Chex then you are in for a treat. They are so, so good and are truly the star of this mix. The blueberry flavor is spot on! It’s not overpowering, but you can definitely taste it.
This is simple to make and comes together quickly.
If you’re needing a last minute treat to take to your 4th of July BBQ, then this is it.
Do you all have big plans for today? I hope so and I hope at least some of those plans involve food!
We’re going to the “circle party” at my in-laws. They’ve been doing it since my husband was a kid. They roll a bunch of grills into one of the neighbor’s driveways, everyone brings their own meat and then salads, desserts and homemade ice cream are assigned out. All the kids that grew up in the circle come and bring their kids. I think it’s pretty amazing they’ve continued to do it after all these years.
Happy 4th of July!!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS CHEX MIX:
- Make sure you set your microwave to 50% power when you melt the white chocolate chips. White chocolate chips do not melt as easily and well as milk or semisweet chocolate chips do. They can get clumpy and seize up. By cooking them at 50% power and stirring really well after the first minute and then every 30 seconds until they’re melted, they should melt just fine. When I melt them this way, I never have a problem.
- When you’re stirring in the melted white chocolate, just do it gently so you don’t break the Chex cereal into pieces. It takes a few minutes to get everything coated, but it will eventually all be covered in the melted white chocolate.
- You can use Rice or Corn Chex for this, but DON’T replace the Blueberry Chex using all Rice or Corn Chex. The Blueberry Chex are what make this mix so insanely delicious. If you’ve never tried them yet, you MUST!
- What’s fun about this is you can swap out the sprinkles and M&M’s for different colors and make this for any holiday.
- This makes a darling gift wrapped in a cellophane bag with a ribbon tied around it.
This Red White & Blue Snack Mix is crazy delicious and perfect for serving at a 4th of July picnic.
- 3 cups Rice Chex or Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Blueberry Chex cereal
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup pretzels (sticks, squares or twists will work)
- 3 cups popcorn
- 1 package (11 oz) white backing chips (I use Nestle's)
- 3 tablespoons red, white and blue nonpareils or jimmies
- 1 cup red, white and blue M&M's
Line large rimmed cookie sheet with wax paper. In large bowl, combine cereals, marshmallows and pretzel sticks and popcorn.
In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chips uncovered on 50% power for 1 to 2 1/2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, then continue to cook in 30 second increments, stirring after each. Stir until smooth. Pour onto cereal mixture and gently toss mixture until evenly coated.
Spread onto prepared cookie sheet in single layer, sprinkle with sprinkles and M&M's. Cool completely and break into bite-size clusters.
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU GIVE THIS A TRY! I’D LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK
Recipe Source: Chex.com