Slow cooked pork with pineapple, green chilies, jalapeno and brown sugar then served in flour or corn tortillas. You will love these Slow Cooker Pineapple Green Chili Pork Tacos!
These Slow Cooker Pineapple Green Chili Pork Tacos (phew. . . that’s a mouthful to say) are so good you guys. They’re the perfect flavor combination of spicy and sweet and you can adjust either of those to your liking. If you want them sweeter, add a little more brown sugar. If you want them with a little more kick, throw in a little bit more jalepeno.
I don’t know about you guys, but I’d be lost without my slow cooker. Now while I absolutely love my Instant Pot, I think I love my slow cooker just a little more.Your slow cooker does all the work here. All you have to do is dump everything in and turn it on. Simple dinners like this are my jam!
TIPS FOR MAKING SLOW COOKER PINEAPPLE GREEN CHILI PORK:
- I like to use a pork sirloin roast, but you can certainly use a pork butt or picnic roast. Because they are fattier, just make sure you remove any fat pieces when shredding the pork.
- If your kids are picky and don’t like “chunks” of things in their food, after you remove the pork and shred it, you can strain the juices to get out the pieces of pineapple and green chilies then pour the strained juice back into the slow cooker. I DID NOT strain mine because I wanted all the extra flavor of the pineapple and green chilies. (You know how picky Braydon is and he didn’t even mind the chunks!)
- You can top these with any of your favorite taco toppings, but I HIGHLY recommend fresh pineapple. It seriously takes these tacos to a whole new level. The fresh pineapple is our favorite thing about eating these.
- This pork is so delicious and can be used for more than just tacos. Use it for burritos, enchiladas, salads, quesadillas, etc.
- We love to use the street taco size shells for these. I love the corn and my boys love the flour. They’re delicious with either one. You certainly can use bigger size shells though.
I hope you guys these a try. You’ll love them.
Here are some of our other favorite tacos:
- Slow Cooker 3-Ingredient Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Tacos
- Marinated Flank Steak Tacos w/ Pico de Gallo
- 1 (2-3) pork roast*
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilis
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup brown sugar (depends on how sweet you want it)
- 1/2 to 1 small, diced jalapeño (seeds and membranes removed)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- Shredded lettuce or cabbage
- Fresh pineapple (HIGHLY recommended)
- Grated cheese
- Fresh cilantro
Place the pork in slow cooker and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine the salsa verde, pineapple, green chiles, brown sugar,jalapeño, and cumin. Mix well and pour over pork roast. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 7 to 8 hours, or until pork shreds easily with a fork. Return pork to slow cooker with the juices.
Serve in warm tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
I used pork sirloin roast, but a pork butt or picnic roast would work too, just make sure you remove any fat when you shred it.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Let’s Dish