This recipe for Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies is so simple to make and crazy delicious. The perfect size batch to make when you’re feeling no self-control.
It’s a known fact that chocolate chip cookies are a huge weakness of mine. I love them like I love my own children. The problem is when I make them, I could eat the entire batch, which is not a good thing. Even if I tell myself I’m only going to eat one bite of dough and one cookie. . . yeah, that NEVER happens.
Because of my lack of self control, I usually send some over to neighbors and/or freeze them. But the problem with freezing them is I still eat them (I love frozen cookies🍪). That whole out of sight out of mind thing doesn’t work for me.
I decided a few weeks ago that a small batch of chocolate chip cookies might be the answer. You see, if there were only say, 8 or 10 freshly baked cookies, that would be sooo much better! I always make sure I leave some for my boys and husband, so I’d be less likely to eat way more than I should if there weren’t two or three dozen warm cookies staring me in the face.
This recipe is perfect because it makes 8 cookies (9 if you make them a little smaller) which means no three dozen cookies to binge on. So if you’re feeling no self-control, but want just a warm cookie or two, then this is the recipe for you. They are so simple to make and can be made using a hand mixer or just a wooden spoon.
P.S. I’m a little devastated right now because I went to four stores the day after Easter to stock up on Cadbury Mini Eggs and not one store had any left. . . gasp! That has never ever happened. I’ve always found plenty left on the store shelves the day after Easter. I’m not sure how I can make it a year without them since I’ve depleted my stash. . . UGH!!!
- ¼ cup butter, almost melted
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a medium bowl and microwave until almost completely melted (about 35 seconds). Add sugars and cream using a hand-held mixer (you can also do it by hand). Add in egg yolk and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into 8 dough balls and place on lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges just barely begin to turn golden brown. Let sit on cookie sheet for a couple minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker