I hope everyone had a great weekend. I spent three freaking hours digging up dandelions from my yard. I swear, I hate those things. I don’t know why in the heck I have so many because I put two different rounds of weed killer on my lawn and I still had a million dandelions. My yard looked like the ghetto, especially because none of my neighbors have any in their yard . . .Ugh I hate them!
But what I don’t hate is a good pasta salad and this Teriyaki Pasta Salad is probably my favorite pasta salad in the history of ever. In fact, I can’t believe I haven’t shared this before. My mom had this salad years ago and some luncheon and got the recipe. From the first time I tasted it I was in love. It’s so simple to make and tastes amazing!Anytime I take this salad I always get asked for the recipe. The great thing about it is you can use it as a side dish, or throw some grilled chicken in it (which is awesome, by the way) and use it as a meal. Now about the add ins, I’ve listed what I usually do. You can certainly add more or less of something and if you don’t like one of them, leave it out. Just do whatever your little heart desires.
Words really can’t describe the deliciousness of this salad. Now make sure you make this ahead because the pasta needs to marinate in the dressing overnight, then just before serving toss in the remaining ingredients.
You will love this, I promise.
I definitely prefer using the mini bowtie pasta for this salad over the regular size. I think it just works better.
- ⅔ cup white vinegar
- 1 cup oil (I use canola)
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- ⅔ cup Yoshida's Original Gourmet Sweet Teriyaki Marinade
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg. (16 oz) mini bowtie pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- ADD INS:
- Baby spinach
- 1 bag(10 oz) shredded carrots
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 1 Orange pepper
- Grape tomatoes, cut in half (however many you'd like)
- 1 pkg. (5 oz) Craisins
- *If you want make this salad a meal, throw in some grilled chicken. It's delicious!!
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, sugar, teriyaki sauce, salt and pepper.
- Pour cooked pasta into a large bowl, pour dressing over pasta and toss together until all the pasta is covered. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving add in the spinach, carrots, peppers, tomatoes and Craisins.
- Serve and enjoy. Store in refrigerator (obviously).
I never measure the add ins. I just throw in whatever I want of each other. It's usually about ¾ of a bag of baby spinach, a couple handfuls of craisins, one orange and one yellow pepper, a couple handfuls of shredded carrots and then a couple handfuls of grape tomatoes, cut in half.