These White Chocolate Lemon Raspberry Streusel Bars are amazing! An oatmeal cookie crust, a layer of white chocolate chips, a delicious lemon filling, raspberry jam and more streusel cookie crumble on top. . . YUM!
These Oatmeal Lemon Bars happen to be one of my favorite bar cookies on my site. I made them last week for an open house (actually, I totally messed them up and left the flour out. . . duh! I still took them anyway even though they were a buttery, gooey mess.). I love anything lemon and I love lemon and raspberry together so I gave these bars a little bit of a twist.
After a long, cold wet winter it’s finally spring so I’ve got lemon on my radar right now. You might be thinking what’s the big deal about lemon bars? And yes, being the chocoholic that I am, you wouldn’t think I’d get so goo goo ga ga over something non-chocolate. But you’re just going to have to trust me when I tell you these are sooo much more than just your typical lemon bar.
Just look at them! They start with a layer of oatmeal cookie, and then white chocolate chips followed with a sweet, creamy lemon layer, some raspberry jam and then topped with the rest of the buttery oatmeal cookie crumble. Did you just gain 5 pounds?
The filling is the star of the show here and why wouldn’t it be? It’s made of sweetened condensed milk (my fav!). It’s lemon lusciousness! It’s smooth, sweet, creamy and absolutely delicious. Oh, and anything with a streusely topping always, always wins me over.
These are so simple to make and will be loved by anyone who is lucky enough to get one.
- Crust & topping:
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1¼ cups oatmeal
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp. grated lemon rind
- ⅓ cup raspberry jam
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Lightly spray a 9x9-inch glass baking pan. Set aside.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a large bowl and using either a hand mixer or pastry blender, mix until well combined. Mixture will be crumbly. Spread a little more than half of the oatmeal mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and press down with your fingers until evenly spread.
- Sprinkle with the white chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon rind. Mix until well combined. Pour over crust in pan and gently spread until even.
- Drop dollops of jam on top of sweetened condensed milk layer. Carefully spread around a little.
- Sprinkle remaining oatmeal mixture on top a and gently press mixture down just a bit.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden brown. Do not overbake!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting.
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker
I linked up at Buns In My Oven