Packed with milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and Butterfinger pieces, these Double Chip Butterfinger Cookies are buttery, crispy & slightly chewy. So, so good!
Years ago (I think it was in the mid 80’s) when butter-flavored Crisco made its debut, there was a recipe on the back of the can and also in the package of the Crisco sticks for “Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies.” They instantly became my favorite.
Now I know some of you cringe at the thought of using shortening in your cookies. It’s kind of like the elephant in the room, but the truth is, shortening definitely has its place in cookies. It makes them tender, soft and thicker because they don’t spread as much during baking. I could get into all the nitty gritty about butter vs. shortening in cookies, but I’ll spare you.For years the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie was my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe. In fact, it was the only chocolate chip cookie recipe I would make (I know, shocking!). My entire family was in love with them. I would them to family dinners/parties and they always disappeared.
Being the complete chocolate chip cookie addict that I am, you know that I’m always trying new recipes, so the Crisco recipe over these last few years has sadly been pushed to the back burner, so to speak. A few weeks ago we were at an open house for my niece and my brother had brought cookies. I ate one and went a little crazy at how good they were. So of course I asked him for the recipe. He was like “it’s just the butter flavor Crisco cookie recipe with white chocolate chips and Butterfinger pieces added.” And I was like “duh, no wonder they’re so good and why didn’t I ever think of that?!”I made them the very next day and could not stop. eating. them. They’re crispy, chewy, buttery and just insanely good. Because of the Butterfinger in these, they do tend to spread a little more than the original recipe, but trust me, it’s just fine. It certainly didn’t stop me from eating
one four of them.
You can find Butterfinger Bits down the chocolate chip aisle of your grocery store. If you can’t find them, you can just chop up Butterfinger candy bars into small pieces.
- 3/4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco®
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Butterfinger bits
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together the shortening, brown sugar, and vanilla in large bowl. Add egg and mix until combined.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda. Mix until just blended. Stir in both chocolate chips and Butterfinger Bits.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 3-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges barely turn golden brown. Cool for a few minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.