- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces ((about 3 large breasts))
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 small jalapeno, finely chopped
- 4 cans (15 1/2 oz ) great northern beans, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 oz) chopped green chilies
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. corriander
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup half-n-half
- Tortilla chips or strips
- Fresh cilantro
- Grated cheese (pepper jack is yummy with it!)
- Squirt of fresh lime juice
- In a large dutch oven or pot, saute chicken, onion, garlic powder and jalapeno in olive oil over medium high heat until chicken is no longer pink (about 5-6 mins
- Add beans, broth, chilies, salt, cumin, oregano, corriander and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce hit and simmer 20 mins.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream and half-n-half. Stir until well combined.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and tortilla chips/strips.
- Category: Soups/Chili