These cinnamon rolls are amazing and the best part is they are done in less than half the time it usually takes to make cinnamon rolls.
- 1 C warm water
- ¾ C room temperature buttermilk
- ½ C sugar
- ¼ C melted butter
- 3 Tbsp regular yeast
- ½ Tbsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 5–6 C bread flour ((or all purpose))
- 3 Tbsp butter (, melted)
- ½ C + 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ C + 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp. butter (, softened)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 3–4 Tbsp. half-n-half
- Mix together water, buttermilk, sugar, melted butter and yeast in a bowl. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Add in salt, eggs and flour and mix for 10 minutes. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- While dough is resting prepare your filling. by mixing together the 3 Tbsp melted butter, brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough out on to greased countertop into a 12 x 16 inch rectangle. Sprinkle with filling and roll up. Cut into 12 large rolls.
- Place rolls on a cookie sheet covered with a silpat or parchment paper. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix together frosting ingredients, beat until smooth and spread on warm rolls.
The recipe calls for bread flour, but I have made these using bread flour and using all purpose flour, they both and they turned out just fine so don’t feel like you have to go out and buy bread flour if you don’t already have any.
Also the recipe says it makes 12 large rolls, but every time I have made them I always get 15.
I also ended up cooking mine closer to 20 minutes, but everyone’s oven is different so just watch them closely.