This Chili Cheese Tater Tot Casserole is truly the bomb! It is comfort at its best and will become a family favorite. You’ve got to make this.
Before we talk food today, I have to give a big shout out to my husband. He rode LOTOJA for his first time this weekend and he rocked it! If you’ve never heard of it, LOTOJA is a one-day, 205 mile bike race from Logan, Utah to Jackson, Wyoming.
He rode with a great group of guys and they all did awesome. The weather was perfect, no one crashed and the only flat was on the car the morning after the race. (seriously!). Way to go guys, you all were amazing!!
Now, onto food. I’ve been dying to share this casserole recipe with you. I know there are some casserole haters out there, I’m not one of them. I love a good casserole and this one could even convert all you non-casserole lovers.
This chili cheese tater tot casserole is freakin’ delicious. I don’t know how else to put it. My boys were like untamed beasts eating this stuff. You’d think they’d never seen food before they way they scarfed this down. When I told them I was making it for a second time in one week so I could get some pictures of it, you would have thought I told them we were going to Disneyland. This casserole is seriously the ultimate comfort food. So simple to make and it tastes amazing.
You’ve got to make this. I promise you will be thanking me later.Print
CHILI CHEESETATER TOT CASSEROLE
- Total Time: 30 minutes
This chili cheese tater tot casserole is out of this world. True comfort food that will become a family favorite.
- 1 bag (32 oz.) tater tots
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- A few shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 8 oz. can of water
- 1 can ((15 oz) chili beans)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream ((optional))
- Green onions (, sliced (optional))
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread the tater tots in the bottom of a greased 9×13-in. baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While tater tots are baking, in a large skillet, cook and crumble the beef with the salt, pepper and onion until the beef is no longer pink. Drain grease. Add the Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, tomato sauce, water chili beans to the skillet. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, simmer until mixture thickens (about 15 minutes).
- Top the baked tater tots with the chili. Sprinkle with the cheese. Return to the oven and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through.
- Top with sour cream and green onions if desired.
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Lori West says
This was so GOOD and fast to throw together!!! My husband was upset that I took the leftovers to work the next day and there was nothing left for him 🙂
Ok, I’ll just say one thing….DELICIOUS!!! This was such an easy recipe, yet it was so good and had so much flavor. I love recipes that don’t take long, but taste as though you spent hours in the kitchen.
We love this one too! Thanks Shelly!
Giving this recipe a whirl tonight. Subs out the beef for soy crumbles and veggie dogs. It all looks scrumptious and cheesy.
I would love to know how it turns out.
lisa g. says
Im thinking of adding a small can of green chilis. Ive made this before & I love it!
That would be so good. Let me know how it turns out.