Oh these bars . . .where do I even begin?
They came into my life about 15 years ago and from the first time I made them I was hooked! They are delectable, addicting and just crazy, crazy good!
If you are an Almond Joy lover then you I may just be your new best friend. These bars start with an Oreo cookie crust followed by a gooey layer of coconut and almonds drenched in sweetened condensed milk and then topped off with a thick layer of chocolate. . . are you drooling yet?
It’s been a while since I made them and after finally making them again the other day I am completely annoyed with myself that I’ve waited so long.
These really will knock your socks off, I promise. For all you noncoconut-lovers out there, you are missing out!!Print
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter (, melted)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can ((14oz) sweetened condensed milk)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine cookie crumbs, butter and sugar. Press evenly into an ungreased 11×7 baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In another mixing bowl, combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk and chopped almonds. Spread evenly over cooled crust. Bake for an additional 18 to 20 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Melt chocolate in a saucepan over low heat or in a microwave at 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring after every minute.
Recipe Source: The Ultimate Cookie Book