Buttery, crispy, chewy and insanely delicious, these Chocolate Chip Cookies will definitely make you exclaim “Oh My Goodness” with your very first bite. Honestly one of the best chocolate chip cookies ever!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup butter, softened (I always use salted butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pkg. milk chocolate chips (Guittard or Ghiradelli are the best!)
- 1 pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream together butter, shortening, and sugars. Beat until light and fluffy (2 to 3 minutes)
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- In separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture and mix well. Add chocolate chips and mix on low until combined.
- Scoop dough into balls (about 2-3 tablespoons) and place on a cookie sheet to freeze. (*See tips section)
- Bake frozen cookie dough balls at 375° for 8-11 minutes or until they just barely start to brown. Don’t overbake them. Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for several minutes to cool.
- Prep Time: 10 mins + freezer time
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Cookies