Apple Cranberry Cake with Nutmeg Butter Sauce is a tender vanilla cake filled with apples and fresh cranberries served with a warm nutmeg butter sauce. It’s absolutely amazing and perfect for the holidays.
♡THE BEST OF 12 DAYS OF SUGAR – DAY 11♡
APPLE CRANBERRY CAKE WITH NUTMEG BUTTER SAUCE.
This is a recipe I posted clear back in 2014 so I’m sure many of you haven’t ever even seen it. Do yourself a favor and make this cake and drown your sorrows of 2020 in the butter sauce. You’re welcome.
(Original Post . . . )
On the 9th Day of Sugar my true love gave to me . . . Apple Cranberry Cake with Nutmeg Butter Sauce
Ohhhh this cake is so divine and the nutmeg butter sauce is just completely naughty. I could drink this stuff. . .oh wait, I did actually drink this stuff, I just couldn’t help myself Ü.
If you are looking for a fabulous dessert for your holiday dinner, I’ve got your back today. This cake will wow the guts out of your guests, I promise. The tartness of the apples and cranberries is offset by this delectable nutmeg butter sauce. It’s just like the butter sauce for our family favorite cranberry muffins, but it has nutmeg added to it which is just so freaking delicious I can’t even tell you. I highly recommend you use freshly grated nutmeg, it’s worlds better than the kind you buy already ground up. It’s worth every. single. penny.
This cake is phenomenal, I promise. You really, really need this cake in your life. . . sooner than later.Print
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries
- 2 cups shredded tart, pared apples (I use granny smith)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated is best!!)
- Spray a 9×13 pan. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, combine sugar, oil and eggs and extracts. Mix well. Add dry ingredients, mixing until smooth. Add lemon zest and apples, mix well. Stir in cranberries.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 45-50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm with nutmeg butter sauce.
- To make sauce: Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over low heat stirring until mixtures comes to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and nutmeg.
- Category: Cakes & Cupcakes
Originally posted December 9, 2014