Bake this on a lower oven rack so the bottom crust will brown and crisp up better.
- 1 box store bought pie crust (, room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 medium size Granny Smith applies (, peeled and sliced)
- 1 egg (, beaten)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 to 6 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large cookie sheet with foil and lightly spray.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Roll one pie crust into a rectangle (about 15 x 10). Carefully fold in half and then in quarters and transfer to the prepared cookie sheet and unfold.
- Layer apples in rows over the crust and sprinkle with the sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Roll second pie crust into a rectangle (about 15×10); fold in half, then in quarters. Gently unfold crust over apples, DO NOT seal the edges.
- Cut several slits in the top crust, brush with beaten egg.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a deep golden brown. Let cool about 6-8 minutes then drizzle with glaze.
- Make glaze by mixing powdered sugar and milk together until smooth. Drizzle over warm pasty.