Simple and delicious and packed with flavor, these chicken lettuce wraps are a great week-night meal.
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper (, cored and chopped fine)
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/42 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can ((8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, finely chopped)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 scallions (, thinly sliced)
- 1 head Bibb (, Romaine or iceberg lettuce, rinsed and pat dry)
- Microwave ground chicken and garlic in a medium bowl, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink, 3-5 minutes. Drain off liquid and transfer mixture to slow cooker. Stir in bell pepper, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, salt and black pepper. Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender, 2-3 hours on low.
- Stir in water chestnuts, rice and scallions. Let sit until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve with lettuce leaves and additional hoisin sauce (if desired).
I served these lettuce wraps along side with some egg rolls I bought at Costco. It was such a simple and delicious meal. I also added a little extra Hoisin sauce to the meat mixture, and then drizzled a little extra on top before we ate them.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 120 minutes
- Category: Chicken/Poultry