The weekend got away from me and before I knew it, it was Monday. Obviously I am late in getting this post up so I’m just going to cut to the chase. These Avalanche Bars are crunchy, peanut buttery, sweet and slightly addicting.
These are the perfect treat to make for your Valentine or for any other occasion.
What’s not to love? White chocolate, peanut butter, Rice Krispies and marshmallows. . .yum! These come together in no time. The hardest part is just waiting for them to set up. I liked them cold and at room temp. Either way, you are going to be hooked.Print
- 12 oz bag of White Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1½ cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup M&M’s ((plus a few to sprinkle on top))
- Lightly grease a 9×9 or 8×8 inch pan. In microwave-safe bowl pour in white chips and heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and continue in 30 second increments until chips are melted.
- Add the peanut butter with the melted chips and stir until well combined. Stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Let cool about 10-15 minutes stirring every 5 minutes or so to help cool.
- Add the marshmallows and the M&M’s and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly, pressing lightly with the back of your spoon.
- Sprinkle a few M&M’s on top. Put in refrigerator for about and hour to set up.
- When the bars are completely cooled cut into squares and enjoy!
I wanted my bars a little thicker so I used and 8×8 inch pan and then still didn’t press the mixture all the way to the edge of one side of the pan. Feel free to use a 9×9 pan if you want them not as thick. Also, you can replace the M&M’s with mini chocolate chips instead, use about 1/4 cup.
Recipe Source: adapted slightly from Cookies and Cups