These Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos are a family favorite. Filled with shredded chicken, cream cheese, salsa and two kinds of grated cheese. . . these are crazy good and so simple to make.
I am one of those people who usually doesn’t leave Costco without a rotisserie chicken. They are my absolute favorite because you can do so many things with them. Sometimes when I buy one I just end up pulling off big pieces of chicken and eating them. I have to stop myself because I could eat the entire chicken.
These Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos are one of my favorite things to make using those yummy Costco rotisserie chickens. These are so simple to make and who doesn’t love simple, delicious dinners? I sometimes make the chicken mixture earlier in the day and then pull it out of the fridge and assemble the taquitos and throw them in the oven. Easy peasy! You certainly can cook and shred your own chicken breasts, but I most often use the rotisserie chickens when I make these.
We love to dip them in Cafe Rio dressing, so I always make sure I make a batch of that in the fridge when I make these. Now the smart people in my house love these tacquitos with guacamole and sour cream on top . . .so, so good! Hopefully one day, those boys of mine who aren’t so smart will learn to love guacamole. Feel free to dip them in or top them off with anything you’d like, or they are fabulous just on their own.
We could eat these every night and not get tired of them. These are such a great dinner when I need something quick and delicious. With Cinco de Mayo just a few days away, these are the perfect thing to make.
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 cup salsa (homemade or store bought)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie works great)
- Small flour tortillas (I use fajita size)
- Guacamole, salsa, sour cream, homemade Cafe Rio dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, garlic powder, cumin and chili powder. Using a hand mixer or wooden spoon mix until well combined.
- Add in the cilantro, both cheeses, sour cream and salsa and stir until combined. Toss in chicken and mix well.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture down one side of the tortilla, about 1-inch from the edge. Tightly roll up tortillas and place seam down on a baking sheet. Spray lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker