We are definitely a Mexican Food-loving family around here. Tacos in any size, shape or form are especially a favorite meal around here. Parker requests them on a regular basis. These Honey Lime Enchiladas are also a favorite and requested all the time (again, by Parker). I got thinking the other day, why not combine the two. The end result was absolutely delicious.
Then you line a 9×13 baking dish with taco shells (I love the stand and stuff shells), fill ’em up with the yummy chicken, top them off with some cheese and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes.
Toss on some fresh cilantro, salsa verde and avocado if you’d like. Super duper easy and absolutely delicious!Print
Super simple and super delicious!! Crunchy taco shells filled with flavorful, tender chicken This will become a go-to meal for you!
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breasts (, cooked and shredded (about 3–4 breasts))
- 10 taco shells ((I use the stand n’ stuff tortillas by Old El Paso))
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese ((I used half pepper jack and half Mozzarella))
- Stir together the honey, lime juice, chili power and garlic until well mixed. Add the cooked, shredded chicken and let marinate for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better, I usually let mine marinate at least a couple hours).
- Place the taco shells in a 9×13 inch baking dish that has been lightly sprayed. Divide the chicken evenly among the tortilla shells Top each with a little Pepper Jack cheese.
- Bake in a 400° F. oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is heated through. Serve warm with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Feel free to use a rotisserie chicken if you’d like. You will need about 3 1/2 – 4 cups shredded chicken.
- Category: Main Dishes
I linked up at: Buns in My Oven