- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4–5 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 or or 9×9-inch square baking pan with nonstick baking spray or line with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well blended. Mix in the bananas until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in the pecans, if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes for an 8×8 pan or more like 35-35 minutes for a 9×9 pan, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Category: Cakes & Cupcakes