- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 small ripe bananas or 3 medium size
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Extra sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream together the sugar, shortening and eggs until creamy. Add vanilla and mix.
- On a plate (or in a bowl) smash the bananas with a fork. Add to sugar mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder. Mix until just combined.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Sprinkle top generously with granulated sugar, if desired.
- Bake about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Category: Breads