This BBQ Chicken & Pineapple Pizza is simple, delicious and packed with flavor. Dinners don’t get too much easier!
This BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Pizza is another one of those “recipes” that really isn’t much of a recipe. What I mean by that is you can adjust the amounts of any of the ingredients to your liking and this pizza will still be amazing!
It’s fast, so simple to throw together and absolutely delicious which is exactly what I need during baseball season.
BBQ chicken pizza is one of my very favorite pizzas and when you top it with fresh pineapple it’s even better.
Now please, please, please use fresh pineapple. It’s worlds better than canned and takes this pizza to a whole new level. No offense canned pineapple, there is always a time and place for you, but just not for this pizza.
Now, if you’re feeling really domestic and have the time, go ahead and make homemade pizza dough, buuut if you want to simplify, the Pillsbury pizza crust is really good. I’ve also used some whole wheat pizza dough from Whole Foods that was awesome. Whatever works for you, go for it.
Enjoy. Hope you have a great weekend.Print
- 1 pkg. (13.8 oz) Pillsbury Pizza dough or other store bought dough
- 4 cups shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie)
- 3/4– 1 cup BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- Fresh pineapple chunks
- 2–3 cups Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Press pizza dough into a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- While crust is baking toss the shredded chicken with a little bit of BBQ sauce.
- Remove crust from oven and spread with BBQ sauce. Top with cheese, shredded chicken and pineapple chunks.
- Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden brown around the edges.
Feel free to adjust the amounts of the ingredients to your liking. If you want more cheese, use more. If you like it more saucy, add more BBQ sauce, etc. like I said, this really isn’t an exact recipe so just adjust whatever you’d like.