BBQ Chicken Roll Ups are a simple and delicious dinner everyone will love. BBQ sauce, shredded chicken and cheese all wrapped in pizza dough. They’re perfect for lunch, dinner, snacks, parties or any time.
If easy dinners and BBQ chicken pizza are your jam, then you’re going to love these BBQ Chicken Roll Ups. They and they might even become a regular in your dinner rotation.
These roll ups couldn’t be easier to make. In fact, they’re really kind of one of those no recipe recipes. All you need is Pizza dough, BBQ sauce, grated cheese, shredded chicken and some fresh cilantro and you’re good to go.
Because these are be made with a refrigerated pizza crust (or store bought dough) and rotisserie chicken, they are so fast to make. And when you sink your teeth into one of these, you’re going to fall in love.
You can use a rotisserie chicken for these or poach your own chicken. I usually always have bags of rotisserie chicken in my freezer which makes my life so easy some days when it comes to figuring out dinner!
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEESE?
Yes, of course, use whatever cheese you want. I love these rollups with Fontina cheese and also Gouda, but you can definitely use Mozzarella, Monterey Jack or anything you’d like.
CANNED PIZZA CRUST VS. FRESH PIZZA DOUGH (STOREBOUGHT OR HOMEMDAE)
I have made these BBQ chicken roll ups using both the canned refrigerated pizza dough and fresh dough (I buy Trader Joes or make my own). They are both delicious, but we love them even more using fresh pizza dough. It’s a personal preference here, and you really can’t go wrong either way. If you use fresh dough, make sure you roll it thin, even if it ends up being bigger than the directions say. Also, if using refrigerated dough, allow it to come to room temperature, 1 to 2 hours before rolling it.
A FEW FINAL THOUGHTS:
- These roll ups can be made ahead of time. Simply assemble the pizza rolls, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed. Allow the rolls to come to room temperature 30 minutes before baking.
- Feel free to use ingredients based on what you love. If you’re not a fan of cilantro, you can leave it off or use parsley instead. Add some crumbled bacon for even more flavor or if you love red onions on pizza, go ahead and throw some on. (I’m just not a fan of red onion on pizza!)
- Sweet Baby Ray’s is our all time favorite BBQ sauce, but if you have a favorite, then go ahead and use it.
- We love dipping these in ranch dressing and drizzling extra bbq sauce on top. I also love dipping these in blue cheese dressing, but my boys and husband thing blue cheese anything is revolting.😂
- Use a serrated knife for cutting. The serrated edge helps cut through without pulling the dough. Cut them as big or small as you’d like. I usually get 10-12 out of a roll.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven, or enjoy cold.
If you’re having a Super Bowl party this year, these roll ups would be the perfect addition and everyone will love them. If you’re not having a party, that’s ok because these are perfect for any meal. #stupidcovid
Hope you have a great week.Print
BBQ Chicken Pizza Roll Ups
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 10–12 rollups 1x
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust or pizza dough, fresh or frozen, thawed*
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Fontina cheese, or other cheese of your choice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Ranch dressing for dipping, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out the pizza crust into a rectangle (about 14 x10). Spread the BBQ sauce over the surface of the dough leaving about 1/2-inch border all around the edges.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly across the surface of the dough, then top with the chicken, cilantro, and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Starting on the long side, roll the dough into a tight cylinder, tucking and pulling gently as you go. Pinch the seams together to seal. Cut into equal size pieces (about 10-12).
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can use either a refrigerated Pillsbury pizza crust or fresh/frozen pizza dough (store bought or homemade, you will need about 14-16 oz).
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
Can you share your dough recipe?