These Beef and Bean Burritos are crazy good! Super quick and simple to make. Serve them any of your favorite toppings. They’re going to become a favorite! ♡
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cans (7-oz) Mexican tomato sauce or enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (28 oz) refried beans
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 12 burrito-size Flour Tortillas
- Extra grated cheese
- Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef and onions until the beef is cooked through. Add the cumin, chili powder, oregano and salt and stir to combine. Pour 2 cans of the Mexican tomato sauce into the meat and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking heat the refried beans in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the cheese, and stir until it’s melted. Remove from the heat.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute, and then spread a small amount of beans on each tortilla, about two to three inches up from the edge. Add a small amount of the meat on top of the beans, fold up burrito style by folding the sides in and then rolling up. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas. Then place them in a large baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drizzle the remaining can of tomato sauce over all of the burritos and sprinkle with more grated cheese. Put in oven and heat through until cheese melts, about 5 mins. Sprinkle with the cilantro leaves.
- The Mexican tomato sauce has a bit of a kick so if you want a more mild burrito, then use mild red enchilada sauce in your meat and to drizzle over the top. I used the El Pato brand Mexican Tomato Sauce.
- Here is a link so you know what it looks like: http://www.target.com/p/el-pato-tomato-sauce-7-75-oz/-/A-14907533
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes