vDone in less than 20 minutes, this Beefy Naked Burrito Skillet is quick, healthy and absolutely delicious! It’s going to be a lifesaver on those crazy, busy days!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 can (15-oz) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pkg. (10-oz) frozen steam-in-bag brown rice (unthawed)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese ((plus more for garnish, if desired))
- Sour Cream
- Fresh cilantro
- In a non-stick skillet cook ground beef, onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat until beef is browned and onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder, pinto beans, rice and broth. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Serve topped with desired garnishes.
- Category: Main Dishes