Happy COLD Monday! I hope you are all staying warm. I’m trying to but it’s just so stinkin’ cold I can’t stand it!
This pie is to die for! I don’t know who Bessie is, but I do know she makes a mean peanut butter pie. This pie is absolutely fabulous. If you are a peanut butter lover like I am, then you must make this pie. It’s creamy, smooth and absolutely dee-lish!!! The chocolatey, crispy crust paired with the peanut butter filling is oh soooo good!
It was so funny to watch my boys eat this and hear their responses. Taylor took one bite and said “holy crap this is good, this is possibly the best pie I have ever eaten.” Parker exclaimed “this has got to go on your blog!” So there you have it, this pie was officially deemed BW (blog worthy) by my boys and my husband.
- Chocolate Crust:
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1 pkg. ((8 oz) cream cheese, softened)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 pint whipping cream (, whipped)
- Peanut butter cups (, for garnish)
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and butter, stir until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in cereal until completely coated. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a buttered 9-inch pie plate. Chill 30 minutes
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Whip whipping cream and fold into peanut butter mixture. Spoon into pie crust and spread evenly. Chill at least 4 hours.
- Garnish with peanut butter cups and chocolate syrup, if desired.
- Recipe source: adapted slightly from Hall of Fame Southern Recipes