Biscuits & Gravy just got even better with these Biscuits & Gravy Cheesy Sliders. So simple to make and incredibly delicious! Perfect for breakfast, brunch or even dinner! We love them!
- 1 can (16 oz) Refrigerated biscuits
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. pork breakfast sausage (ground, not the links)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place biscuits on small baking sheet so they’re touching each other. (I use my 1/4 sheet pan.) Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with freshly ground pepper. Bake until golden brown about 18-20 minutes. (You will have some butter left, save it for after you assemble the sliders.)
- While biscuits are cooking, brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Sprinkle the flour over the sausage and stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour the milk over sausage and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened (about 5 to 7 minutes). Remove from heat and whisk in garlic powder, salt and pepper. Taste the gravy and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the biscuits in half. Top the bottom halves with sausage gravy and then a mound of grated cheese. Replace tops and bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Brush with any remaining melted butter. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast