This Black Bean & Corn Salad is loaded with so many delicious ingredients. Black beans, corn, jalapeño, avocado, tomatoes all tossed in a delicious dressing! It’s the perfect summer side dish or is good enough to stand on it’s own for a meal.
I love a good summer salad and this Black Bean & Corn Salad is a good one! Seriously my friends, it is fabulous! Not only is it delicious, but it’s so pretty and colorful to look at!
Not only is it insanely good, but it is super quick to prepare and goes well with pretty much anything.
It is similar to this delicious salad, but just different enough that I knew I still had to share it.
It’s fresh, healthy, hearty and has amazing flavor. I love using fresh corn, but you can also use frozen or even canned. Just cut the fresh corn off the cob and enjoy it raw, no need to blanch it. I love the sweetness of fresh corn! If you use frozen corn, let it sit at room temperature for a bit before adding it to the salad. No need to thaw it completely though.
So much more than just a salad! Try eating it these different ways. . .
- Chips and Dip — it makes a delicious dip with tortilla chips.
- Grilled meat – use it as a topping on grilled chicken, pork, steak or fish.
- Burrito Bowls – make a burrito bowl with some rice and grilled chicken or steak and put this salad on top.
- Omelets – throw some on top of or inside an omelet.
Line up of simple ingredients:
- Black beans. Using canned black beans make this salad so simple.
- Corn. It’s summer so I recommend skipping the frozen corn and using fresh. Slice the fresh kernels straight off the cob, no need to blanch it.
- Avocado. I love the creamy texture it adds to contrasts with the crisp corn and diced veggies.
- Tomatoes. Grape or cherry tomatoes work perfectly. Adds color and flavor.
- Cilantro. adds flavor and color. After I stir some in, I like to sprinkle some on top for garnish.
- Red onion. Adds pop of color and crunch.
- Jalapeño. Adds some heat. If you’re worried about it being too much, start with half of the jalapeño heat.
- Cotija cheese. This adds richness and tangy, salty flavor. You can also use feta cheese instead.
- Dressing. This mix of lime juice, olive oil, garlic, honey, cumin, salt, and pepper adds a delicious, bright flavor. It’s amazing!
How long can this be stored in the fridge?
This salad stores fresh in the refrigerator and can be made up to one day in advance. However, if you do make it in advance, add the avocado just before serving it. No one likes brown avocado, right? Also, you can hold off on putting the dressing on as well if you’d like, but it’s fine also if you add it ahead of time.
I cant wait for you to give this one a try!Print
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Delish Fun Summer Dinners Magazine.