- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup quartered cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled cotija (can also use Feta is you’d like)
- In a large bowl, combine the black beans, corn, avocado, jalapeño, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, honey, and cumin, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture and toss to combine. Add cotija and toss again. Season with more salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Prep Time: 10 mins