With only 5 ingredients, this Black Bean & Corn Salsa is one of the easiest, most delicious things you’ll ever make. Can be made in no time at all.
I don’t usually post on Saturdays but with the Superbowl being tomorrow, I wanted to share a quick (and I mean really quick), simple and yummy salsa that would be perfect to much on during the game.
I can’t believe I’ve never shared this with you, shame on me. This black bean and corn salsa is a family favorite. I’ll never forget the first time my grandma made it. I’d stopped by her house one afternoon to visit her and she pulled this out of the fridge. I think I about devoured the entire bowl.
Until she passed away almost 4 years ago, most Sunday nights were spent around her dining room table eating lots of yummy food. This salsa was more often than not part of our Sunday nights. I’ve served it when I’ve had family dinners and/or open houses after my boy’s baptisms and mission farewells and the bowl is always empty (and that’s after we triple or quadruple the recipe) and I’ve been asked for the recipe over and over. My husband’s family has also become part of the fan club of this stuff.
So if you aren’t catching on to what I’m telling you here, let me be a little more clear . . . MAKE THIS STUFF! You need this for your Superbowl party. You will absolutely love it.Print
With only 5 ingredients, this salsa is one of the easiest most delicious things you’ll ever make.
- 1 can black beans (, drained and rinsed)
- 1 can ((11 oz) white shoepeg corn)
- 1 jar ((16 oz) Pace picante sauce (I use mild))
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese’
- 2–3 avocados (, diced)
- Combine all ingredients, except for avocados in a bowl and mix well.
- Chill in refrigerator and just before serving, add in the avocados.
- Keep covered with plastic wrap and stored in the fridge.
- Category: Appetizers/Dips