These Black Magic Bars are insane! They start with an Oreo crust then topped with, sweetened condensed milk, three different types of chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. I have to I just got back from a fabulous girls getaway in Scottsdale with my mom, sisters and aunts.
We had an absolute blast. I swear there is no better therapy than a girls weekend.
We laughed, ate, shopped, baked (well, I baked while they all sat and watched and then reaped the benefits of my baking addiction), we ate some more, played games, and even an hour before we had to head to the airport, I whipped up one last batch of cookies for us, I truly have a problem.
It’s one of my favorite getaways I take every year. Scottsdale is beautiful this time of year. Sunny, blue skies and no inversion. . . absolutely perfect!
But now it’s back to laundry, cleaning house, running errands . . .you know, all that fun stuff.
Now let’s talk bars, black magic bars (aka 7 layer bars). These are rich, decadent and oh so incredibly delicious.
We’re talking a thick Oreo crust topped with three kinds chocolate chips, roasted almonds and coconut drenched in sweetened condensed milk. These are a pan of ooey, gooey chocolate bliss. A chocolate lovers dream come true.
Now, if my aunts are reading this, I’m just letting you know that because I am such a kind, loving and caring niece, I will eat one of these for each of you since I know you started your “diet” yesterday. And just in case you’re wondering, I don’t think either of you belong in the “BFF” club. Love you both!
An Oreo crust layered with three kinds of chocolate chips, coconut, almonds and chocolate chips. . .total chocolate decadent bliss!
- 20 regular Oreos, crushed finely
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 can (14 oz)sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped, roasted salted almonds
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 325. Spray an 11×7 glass dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the crushed Oreos and melted butter, mix until well combined and press into prepared pan.
- In a bowl place mix together all of the chips, almonds and coconut, pour the sweetened condensed milk over them and mix until all combined. Press the coconut mixture over the crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the edges begin to just turn golden.
- Cool for about 30 minutes and then refrigerate until cold before cutting.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Purple Chocolat Home
I linked up at Buns In My Oven