If you love a good old BLT, then I’m pretty sure this BLT Pasta will become a favorite. So simple to make and incredibly delicious!
It’s just a given that the combination of bacon, lettuce and tomato makes for a fabulous sandwich.
Well I’m happy to tell you that it also makes one killer of a pasta. . . BLT Pasta is a good thing. A really, really good thing.
This was so delicious! If you are in a pinch and need something fast, this was quick and easy to throw together.
If you planted cherry tomatoes, and they have taken over everything in your garden (like mine did last year) then make this for dinner, you will love it! I honestly could have eaten the entire bowl of it.Print
- 12 ounces bacon, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta (or similar shaped pasta)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 cups, loosely packed baby spinach or arugula
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Cook bacon in a 12-inch nonstick skillet until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease, add garlic and tomatoes, and cook over medium heat until tomatoes soften slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot. Add orecchiette pasta and 1 tablespoon salt and cook, stirring often until al dente. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the cooking water, then drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Add bacon, garlic-tomato mixture, spinach, Parmesan cheese and 1 cup of the reserved pasta water. Add more water if needed to adjust the consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- I checked three stores before I was able to find the orecchiette pasta, but I finally found it at Target, it’s the Archer Farms brand. If you can’t find it, just use any pasta similar in size (mini bowtie would work great).
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
Recipe source: America’s Test Kitchen Quick Family Recipes