This salad has quickly become a favorite at our house over the last few months. I’ve made it over and over because I am so in love with it and because my garden has been overflowing with cherry tomatoes.
There have been no complaints from my two oldest and/or my parents when I made this for them two times in a row when I had them for dinner.
I can’t get enough of this salad. I could literally eat this for lunch and dinner every day and never get tired of it. My mom is hooked on it too (she’s a smart lady!).
It’s beautiful to look at, simple to make, crazy delicious and goes well with everything.
If you’ve been on the hunt for a new, fabulous salad to try, then look no further. I’ve got your back today! You will love this!!Print
- 1 head chopped green leaf lettuce
- 1 head chopped red leaf lettuce
- 6 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 1/2 cups of halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- In a large bowl combine two lettuces, tomatoes, bacon, swiss cheese and avocado.
- Toss with desired amount of dressing just before serving. (I don’t usually use all the dressing.)
- To make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until smooth and sugar is dissolved.
You can really use any combination of lettuce that you like, but my favorite is to use green and red leaf. Romaine lettuce is a good one to use too.
I usually start with about half the dressing, then add more if needed.
You can certainly add more or less of any of the ingredients.
BE SURE AND PIN THIS TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS SO YOU CAN MAKE IT LATER!
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Brooke Romney Writes (My good friend’s niece)