This Blueberry Cream Cheese Bread is a simple quick bread with a delicious cream cheese swirl, taking it to a whole new level of deliciousness. It’s the perfect blueberry bread recipe for breakfast, brunch or anytime.
After today we will have made it through the first week of school . . . PHEW!! Braydon started his first year of middle school and Taylor started his first year of high school. They were both nervous (especially Taylor), which made me more nervous for them. I was so happy when they both came home the first day smiling and completely unscathed.
About this Blueberry Cream Cheese Bread . . . A couple weeks ago, my sister-in-law was raving about how delicious it was. Soooo, I of course had to get the recipe and make in order to see for myself if it was really that good.
Turns out she was absolutely right. This bread is fabulous. It’s moist, sweet—but not too sweet, and full of flavor. I love the hint of orange you get in the cream cheese layer . . . Mmmm, it is delicious.
You should make it and see for yourself just how good this is.Print
Blueberry Cream Cheese Bread
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 to 15 slices 1x
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 whole egg
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. water
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 whole Egg Yolks
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 whole egg whites
- ¼ cup white sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, egg and orange zest; beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Stir together the glaze ingredients and set aside.
For the bread:
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. Add salt and vanilla. Add egg yolks (save the egg whites as you’ll need them later) to the sugar mixture; beat until creamy. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine flour (1 1/2 cups) and baking powder. Add this mixture, alternately with milk to egg yolk mixture.
- Coat berries with 1 tablespoon flour and add them to the batter.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into a floured and greased bread pan. Layer the filling over the batter and then finish with remainder of batter. This will create a layer of “cheesecake” between the blueberry batter.
- Pour glaze over top of unbaked loaf and bake at 350F for 55-60 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Category: Breads
Recipe Source: Tasty Kitchen (Thank you to my sister-in-law Jeanene who found this recipe on-line and shared it with me)
Christine Tyrell says
This was delicious Jodi! So moist and easy!
Thanks Christine! I need to make this again because it’s been so long.