I am a bread lover — a HUGE bread lover. I could eat it with every meal.
I’ve always said I could live on breads, chocolate and raspberries — what do you think? Sounds pretty good to me.
Because I love it so much, I usually try and serve some form of bread with dinner. I have been making these muffins for years and we love them. They are so simple and quick to make. They are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We love them warm out of the oven with butter and homemade raspberry jam.
P.S. I can’t wait for tomorrow’s “Parker Bite” to share with you. He had to write a paper in school about ME! I am still laughing about it!Print
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter (, melted)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup honey
- Extra brown sugar for sprinking
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 12 muffin cups with liner or spray with vegetable spray.
- Mix oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk egg, butter, buttermilk, and honey until well blended.
- Pour liquid over dry mixture and fold in with rubber spatula just until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle the tops of each with brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe Source: All The Best Muffins and Quick Breads, by Joie Warner