These Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are the bomb! You can’t stop at just one. They might just become your new favorite.
I’m sure you might be thinking another chocolate chip cookie recipe? I’m sorry if you are. But they are my favorite and I never grow tired of them. I could eat them day in and day out. They are a simple, classic and timeless cookie.
Buuut , these are not your ordinary chocolate chip cookies. . . .these are Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies and they are insanely good. Browned butter is magical if you ask me (have you tasted what it does to frosting?). It takes chocolate chip cookies to a whole new level.
Warm out of the oven these cookies are amazing.Print
These cookies have amazing flavor, are crisp on the edges and chewy in the middle . . .complete perfection.
- 1 stick butter, browned
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a saucepan over medium heat, swirling pan occasionally to melt. Once melted, watch carefully, until butter foams and just turns a golden brown color (little brown bits will start to form around the sides and bottom of pan) . Transfer to a glass bowl and put in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, mix browned butter (make sure you scrape all the brown bits into your bowl) and sugars together, add vanilla and egg and beat until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto parchment lined baking sheets. Cook for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden on the outside edge. Cool on cookies sheets for 2-3 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack.
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker